Monday, November 28, 2011

Learning things...

As I have started to run, two questions are coming to my mind...
1.) Do you quit when you're tired?
You see as I have run, and as my goal is 5km a couple of things are becoming clear....in order to get to a poiint where I can run the full 5km, I cannot quit running when I am tired. I have to push my body beyond tired and see where the limit is. Now if I take that example and push the limits...where else should I push past 'tired' work? marriage? faith?

2.) Do you stop when you're content?
No one puts on weight by skipping meals. One of the tragedies of North Americal culture is that we don't stop when we are content. I could eat a perfect meal, and feel content....but have more. I am learning, or maybe it is better to say remembering to stop when I'm content? Paul says in the Bible that "he has learned to be content" I am remembering how to be content.

That's all for now!

J

No comments:

Post a Comment